We are AMBOSS, and we’re looking for an experienced backend (PHP) engineer to help our Growth team tackle the exciting challenges ahead. You’ll bring expertise and guidance to a team that cares about the mission as much as they care about how they get there. If you are passionate about both technology, purpose, and the people you work with, we can’t wait to meet you.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
Check out our Engineering, Product & Design blog (updated regularly) and get a sneak peek at what the team is up to.
What you will do
- Work as a lead in an agile team with other developers and a product owner on our main product – the online educational platform for medical students.
- Help others reach their full potential, support your peers through mentorship and coaching, and foster a constant exchange of ideas.
- Increase the level of engineering in collaboration with Quality Engineering.
- Cover your code with unit/functional/end-to-end tests.
- Collaborate with Product, Design & Management.
What you will bring
- High level of experience developing in a backend environment, and you have launched different products and features successfully to production.
- Great understanding of PHP with strong expertise in other languages (i.e. Python, Go) to develop applications and microservices.
- Deep understanding of building maintainable & scalable code.
- Experience working in startup/scale-up environments.
- Ability to hold your ground in architectural discussions that are focused on implementing best practices
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.