We are AMBOSS, the company behind a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. We’re currently looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help our Platform Foundations group tackle the exciting challenges ahead. You’ll bring expertise and guidance to a team that cares about the mission as much as they care about how they get there. If you are passionate about both technology, purpose, and the people you work with, we can’t wait to meet you.
In your first 12 months you will:
- Manage and grow the Cloud Operations and Infrastructure team
- Own the roadmap for the next iteration of our AWS K8-based development platform, focusing on scalability, resilience, security and observability, offering a self-service model, elevating developer experience.
- Contribute to platform architecture direction, participate in infrastructure and backend architectural reviews to ensure solutions have the right balance between quality and impact.
- Work closely with engineering leadership and Staff engineers to shape and enable the next iteration of the CI/CD workflow in AMBOSS, as well as sequence and drive cross-team initiatives stemming from the team’s scope, that improve Developer Experience
- Review, enhance and create the necessary processes for managing the team’s cloud properties and scope, spread across GCP & AWS
- Be responsible for uptime, evolution and overall health of our cloud infrastructure
- Be responsible for managing cloud infrastructure & operations cost, striving for optimizations
- Be hands-on with code reviews, infrastructure code, AWS console management, observability controls and dashboards for approximately 20% of your time
What you will bring:
- Experience in managing and growing engineering platform teams with 4+ people
- Experience in planning and executing infrastructure transformations / transitions
- You have an innate curiosity and drive to get things done, interfacing with many parts of an organization
- You are a team player who has great communication and documentation skills
- 5+ years of experience with Linux systems in a DevOps or engineering role
- 5+ years of experience in the AWS ecosystem (at the moment we use EKS, RDS, ElasticSearch, S3, CloudFront, Lambda), being able to provide consultation to teams on resource usage, optimization and alternatives as well as their access management stance. Experience with GCP will be appreciated.
- Familiarity with AWS Well-architected practices
- Experience with Kubernetes + Service Mesh architecture as well as orchestration frameworks (Helm)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Argo Workflows / Argo CD, Circle CI, etc)
- Good understanding of monitoring systems (e.g.Datadog)
- Experience with repository management software is desirable (e.g. Artifactory, Harbor)
- Experience as SRE is desirable
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.