Hello, we are AMBOSS, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the Learning Guidance team, building solutions that are used by medical students and physicians worldwide.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
Check out our Engineering, Product & Design blog (updated regularly) and get a sneak peek at what the team is up to.
What you will do
On the Learning Guidance team, you’re responsible for the core learning and knowledge experience of AMBOSS. In cooperation with other contributors and stakeholders, you’ll be implementing user-facing solutions for our web application. Over time your scope of ownership and autonomy will be expanding. Once you’ve gained deep insights into our ecosystem, you’ll be a contributor for standards and engineering excellence, supporting peer engineers on the team and beyond.
- Working in a cross-functional agile team whose mission is to guide medical students through their first four years of study and help them succeed in becoming the next generation of doctors.
- Taking full ownership of discovering solutions with the team and implementing them end-to-end from idea to production.
- Constantly improving team performance by giving and receiving constructive feedback and help to shape and to maintain effective work processes.
- Help others reach their full potential, supporting your peers through mentorship and coaching, and fostering a constant exchange of ideas.
What you will bring
- Experience developing in a frontend environment, and you have launched different products and features successfully to production.
- Curiosity to look under the hood, applying your knowledge on build infrastructure, deployment tooling and monitoring, to elevate developer experience and workflows
- You build solutions with scalability in mind and ensure their quality with a solid testing approach (we use Jest, Enzyme, and Cypress).
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.