Hello, we are AMBOSS, and we’re looking for an experienced iOS engineer to help our team of mobile engineers tackle the exciting challenges ahead. You’ll bring expertise and guidance to a team that cares about the mission as much as they care about how they get there. If you are passionate about both technology, purpose, and the people you work with, we can’t wait to meet you.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
Check out our Engineering, Product & Design blog (updated weekly) and get a sneak peek at what the team is up to.
In the first 12 months you will:
- With your experience, you will lead the iOS Guild and foster a culture of learning and development.
- You will collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Business and help shape the mobile tech strategy.
- You will play a leading role in leveling up iOS Engineering and be involved in hiring.
- 8+ years of experience with mobile development with a focus on iOS, most importantly, you can prove an excellent understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features/technologies.
- Experience with native, hybrid and cross-platform mobile applications and their challenges.
- Experience working in startup/scale-up environments.
- Deep understanding of building maintainable & scalable code.
- Ability to hold your ground in architectural discussions focused on implementing best practices.
- Mentoring team members
- An engineering culture based on continuous improvement and feedback
What your interview journey will look like:
- A 30-mins call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career motivations and give you more insight into the role and team;
- A 45-mins interview with one of our Lead Engineers. This is a deep dive into the candidate's CV, their previous responsibilities and achievements, and where we will provide context and background to the vacancy.
- A 45-mins case study and a 60-mins problem solving / solution design interview with engineers in the team where we talk about some code you have written and present you with a typical challenge at AMBOSS to understand how you would approach it.
- A 45-mins call with the team's product manager and remaining team members or other engineers to delve into any areas of concern raised throughout the process and to answer any remaining questions.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized, and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSians with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements.