We are AMBOSS, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Full Stack Engineer with experience in Python and React.
The Memorization team owns the AMBOSS Anki Add-on and contributes to entity linking, recommendation services, and third-party integrations.
We help medical students to learn and retain the large corpus of knowledge needed to become the best doctors they can be.
We are a cross-functional team of product-minded engineers, medical experts and spaced repetition nerds, passionate about leveraging modern technologies to improve medical care around the world.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to design, build and improve products that matter, from 0 to 1, on a modern stack.
What you will do
- Design, build and extend our Python backend services and REST APIs.
- Build new features for the AMBOSS Anki add-on, on the frontend, for desktop and mobile web clients.
- Maintain and extend our test suites and integration pipelines.
- Use observability tools and practices to ensure quality in production
What you will bring
- 2+ years of experience in backend development using Python. We also work in Go, but it can be learned, if needed. On Python, we use FastAPI.
- 2+ years of experience in modern frontend development. We work mostly in TypeScript and React.
- Some experience with Docker and Kubernetes or similar cloud orchestration systems. We use EKS on AWS.
- Ideally experience in Python/Qt desktop development, or even Anki add-on experience, but it is not required.
- Ideally experience with product analytics and SQL databases, in order to help make data-driven decisions in the team.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar, care deeply about the quality of your work, employ good quality engineering practices, and strive for constant improvement.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and like working with a diverse group of people, from medical stakeholders to platform engineers.
- You enjoy shipping and maintaining great products within an empowered team, using modern integration, deployment and observability tools and practices.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.