We are AMBOSS, the company behind a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. We’re currently looking for an experienced platform engineer to help our Platform Foundations group tackle the exciting challenges ahead. You’ll bring expertise and guidance to a team that cares about the mission as much as they care about how they get there. If you are passionate about both technology, purpose, and the people you work with, we can’t wait to meet you.
In your first 12 months you will:
- Design, build, monitor and continuously improve our cloud developer platform to enable other teams to ship fast and reliably.
- Consult with our product teams to help them to automate their workflows, reduce lead times, increase reliability and stability of their services.
- Contribute to platform architecture direction, participate in infrastructure and backend code reviews to ensure solutions have the right balance between quality and impact.
- Contribute to the creation and provisioning of development stage environments in AWS, as well as CI pipelines.
- Create the necessary tools and processes to track the status of changes and automate deployments while driving deployment strategy development.
- Implement security, reliability, and compliance safeguards that identify problem code before it gets merged.
- Provide self-service controls around the above, so developers can create developer environments, run tests, and perform security audits on-demand, without waiting on other teams.
What you will bring:
- You have an innate curiosity and drive to get things done, interfacing with many parts of an organization
- You are a team player who has great communication and documentation skills
- 5+ years of experience with Linux systems in a DevOps or engineering role
- 5+ years of experience in the AWS ecosystem (at the moment we use EKS, RDS, ElasticSearch, S3, CloudFront, Lambda), being able to provide consultation to teams on resource usage, optimization and alternatives as well as their access management stance
- Familiarity with AWS Well-architected practices
- Experience with Kubernetes + Service Mesh architecture as well as orchestration frameworks (Helm)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Argo Workflows / Argo CD, Circle CI, etc)
- Good understanding of monitoring systems (e.g.Datadog)
- Experience with repository management software is desirable (e.g. Artifactory, Harbor)
- Experience as SRE is desirable
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.