We’re looking for an exceptional Group Lead Product Designer - Education Group to join our Berlin based team to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful product experiences and engaging interfaces that empower our members; Physicians, Medical Students, and Partners and lead us toward our ultimate goal – to improve the lives of patients.
The AMBOSS Education Group strives to turn AMBOSS into a guided learning experience by giving users the right learning material and challenges at the right time.
As a Group Lead Product Designer, you will work with the Education Group to deliver hands-on designs. You will manage one designer as a direct report and help the Education Group create maximum impact together by working closely with your peers in Product, Engineering, and Medical. Ideally, you love working with data, advocate strongly for the user, and can guide your team in generating hypothesis-driven designs.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and drive design strategy, end-to-end consumer experience that creates meaningful change to user engagement by understanding business requirements, data, and user needs.
- Execute simple and appealing designs from the concept phase all the way to release and beyond, crafting high level user stories, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. This is a 60% hands on role.
- Analyze, evaluate and define the problem space from multiple perspectives, uncover new problem areas translating those quickly into actionable activities.
- Develop, lead and inspire the growth product design team (2 senior designers), building an inclusive environment to learn an experimentation based approach to design
- Facilitate cross-discipline sessions as part of early product discovery - pulling from a toolbox of lean UX approaches, design sprint, and prototyping methods.
- Be a true peer to Product, Engineering, and Editorial collaborators - supportive yet challenging and using emotional intelligence to foster excellent team-work and decision-making.
- Work closely with your peers in Product, Engineering, and Medical to set up the Education Group for maximum impact.
- Help us build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design team, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organization, and participating in the broader design and health/ed tech communities.
- Expert in UI design/interaction design, with accompanying experience in User experience and user research.
- Proven track record of guiding teams in framing and solving hard problems - solutions will have had significant impact on the org.
- User-centered design skills - detail-oriented with a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma and modern prototyping tools.
- Deep understanding of leading UX or Product Design initiatives, with activities ranging from leveraging data analytics and user research insights in user experience, running product design processes, and testing solutions.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. product, design, engineering, research) and highly skilled at complex stakeholder management.
- Ability to go from macro vision to implementation details in an iterative, highly collaborative, and supported way.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSians with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.