We’re looking for an exceptional Lead Product Designer - Clinician Group (staff level, individual contributor role) to join our Berlin-based team to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful product experiences and engaging interfaces that empower our members; Physicians, Medical Students, and Partners and lead us toward our ultimate goal – to improve the lives of patients.
The AMBOSS Clinician Group strives to design and develop a knowledge platform for physicians and nurses to access trusted, secure, legally correct, and up-to-date medical information to address specific queries or broader medical concepts. The platform aims to assist clinicians in making informed decisions under sensitive time pressure and, most importantly, provide the best possible care every day.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will work with the Clinician Group to deliver hands-on designs. A focus of this role will be to work closely with product and engineering on rapid discovery, testing, and validating new impactful features for our clinicians, but also work on some of our core clinician features.
You are passionate about UI design and love to prototype, ideally also in code! You possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UX/UI prototypes, resulting in shipped products.
In this role, you will:
- Define and improve the clinician experience to increase adoption of our clinician offer within hospitals in the US and worldwide to establish the AMBOSS product as the market leader in the US.
- Work closely with your peers in Product, Engineering, and Medical to set up the Clinical Group for maximum impact.
- Develop new product concepts, rapidly create polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, and validate them with medical experts to define meaningful product changes that improve user satisfaction and grow the business.
- Deliver well-crafted and easy-to-understand specifications to the product teams for proper implementation to help build world-class products at scale.
- Partner with our in-house user research and data teams to understand the main user problems, address them, and propose solutions.
- Contribute to the AMBOSS overall design team's work, such as the design system, interaction patterns, or other design-related topics.
What we’re looking for
- Expert in UI design and prototyping, with accompanying experience in UX and user research.
- User-centered design skills - detail-oriented with a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma and modern prototyping tools.
- Ability to solve complex design challenges while maintaining a simple and user-friendly visual design language
- A passion for implementing great user experiences, validating and delivering designs that address genuine user needs
- Ability to go from macro vision to implementation details in an iterative, highly collaborative, and supported way.
- A history of evangelizing high-fidelity prototypes and contributing and evolving UI/UX design within the company
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. product, design, engineering, research) and highly skilled at complex stakeholder management.
As a plus, you might also have
- Understanding of web technologies like Vue, React, Storybook and CSS frameworks to build working frontend prototypes
- Experience with Motion Design
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSians with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.