At AMBOSS, we believe in revolutionizing the way medical professionals access and utilize knowledge. As a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we're seeking a Legal Counsel to join our diverse team of innovators. This role is pivotal in safeguarding our operations, ensuring compliance, and driving responsible business practices. If you're a legal professional allrounder with a passion for technology and a desire to make a meaningful impact, we invite you to be part of our journey.
As a Legal Counsel, you will report to the Co-CEO and be a strong partner to the VP Finance and VP Operations.
Join us at AMBOSS and be a driving force in transforming medical education and practice for the better. Together, we're charting a course toward a brighter future in healthcare.
First things first: We are looking for a legal allrounder who ideally has a background in corporate law or IP/IT-Law, is ambitious, driven, a fast learner, and looking forward to playing the in-house game.
- Ownership and Accountability: Lead in reviewing and maintaining legal documents to the highest standards. Take responsibility for the drafting of various contracts, including customer agreements, vendor contracts, and partnership agreements.
- Compliance: Ensure existing contracts fully comply with laws and regulations, maintaining a unified and clear style.
- Privacy and Data Protection: Take end-to-end responsibility, partnering with teams to ensure robust compliance with data protection laws. Safeguard employee and candidate data, as well as user data.
- Risk Management: Identify potential legal risks, providing strategic guidance to minimize exposure. Evaluate the legal implications of new products or initiatives.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Support: Play a pivotal role in due diligence, negotiation, and contract drafting during mergers and acquisitions. Leverage expertise in financing rounds.
- Regulatory Compliance: Provide expert advice on industry-specific regulations, ensuring AMBOSS remains at the forefront of the digital knowledge and education ecosystem.
- Corporate Governance and Responsibility: Advise on ethical business practices, and corporate social responsibility, and ensure adherence to corporate formalities. Maintain corporate records.
- External consultants: Be the point of contact for our external legal advisors.
- Completed studies in German law (1st and 2nd state exams, Prädikatsexamen).
- 3-5 years of post-qualification experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department. In-house experience is preferable.
- Prior experience in corporate law is a huge plus
- Prior experience in a technology ecosystem or a large-scale business, focusing on intellectual property matters is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of product counseling, intellectual property, and legal issues related to digital products, technology, privacy, consumer protection, and media are a plus.
- German speaking skills at mother tongue/native level, and English speaking skills at full proficiency
Who you are:
- You possess an analytical, practical, and pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- You excel at making risk-based decisions and developing business-focused solutions.
- Crafting clear and comprehensive contracts is second nature to you.
- Your communication, both written and verbal, is effective and to the point.
- You're a project management master with excellent organizational skills, adept at handling multiple projects concurrently.
- You have great attention to detail, thrive in ambiguous situations, and maintain high resilience.
- As a team player, you bring empathy and collaboration to the forefront.
- Your humility is matched only by your intelligence, making you a person colleagues love to work with.
- You have a hands-on mentality, a knack for execution, and a knack for getting things done without making excuses.
- Above all, you're kind, honest, and free from ego—a valuable addition to our dynamic team.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.