Hello, we are AMBOSS and looking for the next Associate Medical Editor.
As an Associate Medical Editor, you’ll join the EN Medical Educational Division, contributing to a high-quality and comprehensive study resource targeted at the US student market. Your role involves aligning content with user needs through independent research and collaborating with fellow physician editors to create evidence-based questions and articles that support users during their exam preparation. This position offers a supportive and inclusive environment with opportunities for professional growth.
- Collaborate with other highly motivated editors to deliver new or revised evidence-based content, including practice exam questions, detailed explanations, articles, and illustrations.
- Tailor content to the target user's needs by conducting independent research and extracting relevant information on a medical topic.
- Enhance the didactic value of content by implementing AMBOSS styles and structures.
- Become proficient in using our content management system.
- Respond to and implement feedback from your peers, and similarly provide constructive feedback to team members when necessary (e.g., during performance review cycles).
- A recognized medical degree (medical doctor)
- Excellent English language skills (C1 level or equivalent; spoken and written)
- Experience with Amboss as a user
- Digital literacy and fluency
- Long-term commitment and a minimum of 20hrs/week availability from either our Cologne or Berlin offices (or willingness to relocate) is preferred
- Completed USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK is a plus
- Experience with the creation of education content and/or tutoring is a plus
- Teaching complex medical topics, while filtering sources for relevant details, with a didactic mindset
- Efficiency and a pragmatic way of working
- Bringing accuracy and attention to detail
- Using clear, respectful, and honest communication skills to collaborate with your colleagues
- Giving and receiving feedback from your peers
- Making an impact
- Being part of a compassionate and diverse team
- Learning new skills and diving into a different way of working
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.