Why Senior Product designer in the Search team at AMBOSS?
We are searching for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to join our Search team in Berlin. This is an individual contributor role. Your primary responsibility will be to create user-friendly and thoughtful search experiences that empower our users, including physicians, medical students, and partners. Our ultimate goal is to improve the lives of patients.
At AMBOSS, our platform is designed to help medical students pass their exams and improve their learning experience. We also aim to assist clinicians in making informed decisions under time pressure and providing the best possible care. The Search team's objective is to develop intuitive access to trusted, secure, legally correct, and up-to-date medical information for students, physicians, and nurses. The team's focus is on optimizing specific queries or broader medical questions, quickly providing the necessary information by testing and validating new ways of finding information within our platform.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will collaborate with other Product teams, the Product design team, and the Search team to design and deliver practical solutions. You will work closely with the Search team to optimize the product, conduct testing, and validate results.
You should have a passion for UX, information architecture (IA), interaction design, and clear minimal UI design. Your design skills should also incorporate technical thinking, such as understanding how metadata and knowledge graphs impact your design. You enjoy experimenting to find the right solutions for complex problems. Additionally, you should have a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition to detailed UX/UI prototypes, resulting in shipped products. Experience working on multidisciplinary teams is also preferred.
In this role, you will:
- Define and improve the search experience to optimize our search functionality for students and clinicians working in hospitals and/or studying at universities in Germany, the United States, and worldwide. This should apply to both desktop and mobile devices.
- Work in the search team and closely collaborate with peers in Product, Engineering, and Medical to gain a comprehensive understanding of user needs when searching for information on AMBOSS.
- Develop the search experience by collaborating with medical editors and developers. Design experiments in code and validate the findings using both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Develop the search experience to meet users' needs for finding information quickly. Create prototypes that accurately reflect design intent. Validate these prototypes with medical experts to identify meaningful changes that enhance user satisfaction and drive business growth.
- Advocate for good design principles, usability and accessibility in search to contribute to the development of high-quality products on a large scale.
- Collaborate with our in-house user research and data teams to identify and solve key user problems, and propose effective solutions.
- Contribute to various design aspects at AMBOSS, including the design system, interaction patterns, and other design-related topics.
What we’re looking for
- Expert in UX design, information architecture, and visualizing information in a concise manner.
- Strong understanding of algorithmic products such as search engines or recommender systems, hierarchical structures
- User-centered design skills - detail-oriented with a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a proficiency in Figma and modern prototyping tools.
- Ability to solve complex design challenges while maintaining a simple and user-friendly visual design language
- A passion for implementing great user experiences, validating and delivering designs that address genuine user needs
- Ability to go from macro vision to implementation details in an iterative, highly collaborative, and supported way.
- A history of evangelizing high-fidelity prototypes and contributing and evolving UI/UX design within the company
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. product, design, engineering, research) and highly skilled at complex stakeholder management.
As a plus, you might also have
- Understanding of web technologies like Vue, React, Storybook and CSS frameworks to build working frontend prototypes
- Have experience in taxonomy, metadata and knowledge graphs
- Have some experience working in medical field and working closely with medical doctors.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSians with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.