Hello, we are AMBOSS and we are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Finance team!
As a Business Analyst at AMBOSS, you will act as a key member of our Strategic Finance team. In this cross-functional environment, you will gain unique and comprehensive insights into the operations of a fast-growing scale-up. Your work will have a tangible impact and inform critical business decision-making by partnering closely with department leads. More specifically, you will be the right arm of our commercial Market Leads, supporting them in understanding market performance, conducting deep-dive analyses, and assisting with commercial planning. Additionally, you will contribute to various aspects of strategic finance including conducting pricing analyses, market opportunity assessments, working on financial models, supporting fundraising efforts and board meetings.
Why Finance at AMBOSS?
Finance offers you a vibrant atmosphere home to a dynamic, close-knit team. Far from limiting you to a far-flung corner of the office, the cross-departmental nature of your work will afford you a fantastic overview of the whole organization as you support teams with impactful analysis and financial insight. You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects, and you can rely on a supportive team environment while also having the space to develop your own ideas and solutions. Fostering professional development, AMBOSS also offers workshops and seminars to help you refine your technical and soft skills. What’s not to love?
- Perform as a central knowledge center of the business, providing analysis and insights in AMBOSS’ markets, including: forecasting, cohort and pricing analyses, risk management or assessing new investment opportunities and growth levers.
- Develop partnerships with key operational stakeholders (Marketing, Sales Teams, R&D, HR) and be a sparring partner in their decision making by providing impactful analysis collaborating closely with our central Data team.
- Be an integral part of the annual and quarterly business planning cycles to help shape and inform company wide goal-setting and business-critical decision-making by assisting in the creation of financial models and forecasts. Support in fundraising efforts.
- Develop and maintain data visualizations and reports to communicate key metrics and trends. Conduct monthly variance analyses to keep track of key financial and user metrics.
- Contribute to the expansion, sophistication and automation of internal reporting processes.
- A university degree or similar in Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Business Informatics or a comparable subject, with an academic record of high achievement.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills (German is a plus). Strong communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information and deliver effective recommendations to all levels.
- First relevant working experience (e.g. in a first job, during internships or as a working student).
- High Proficiency in SQL (Python/R is a plus) for data extraction and analysis. Strong data visualization skills with experience using dashboarding tools. Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet software.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and a pronounced sense of responsibility. Proactive and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Analytical mindset with a passion for problem-solving. High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good understanding of B2C/B2B SaaS metrics.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health, and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.