We are AMBOSS, and we’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our Search team. Engineers at AMBOSS are at the forefront of shaping user experience for doctors and students, helping them make critical decisions, ultimately impacting the healthcare of billions of people worldwide. We are looking for someone with a passion for getting the most out of technology and people, setting the pace and direction of excellence for engineering craft. You’ll be partnering with our Senior technical leaders on driving technical initiatives & innovation, providing a robust, well-designed platform for contributing teams to build on while setting an example for collaboration and tech innovation.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged by a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
In your first 12 months, you will:
- Contribute to and fully own user-facing front-end solutions in the search domain.
- Design and develop search-related functionality embedded in web-views on mobile devices
- Lead initiatives to improve code quality, implement new technologies, and optimize existing systems for performance and scalability.
- Share your knowledge within the frontend community in AMBOSS, contributing to a culture of continuous learning and growth.
- Provide strategic input to product and engineering managers on steps required to reduce technical debt and accelerate the delivery of user-facing features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align frontend development with overall product strategy and user experience goals.
- Drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
What you will bring:
- Production experience in React + Typescript and at least one other framework like NextJS.
- Deep understanding of technologies currently used in the industry.
- Experience building projects from scratch, as well as experience contributing to existing code bases and keeping them in good shape.
- DevOps mentality: you know how to set up CI/CD pipelines and how to deploy your code.
- Excellent understanding of REST APIs and GraphQL and experience in designing good APIs.
- Your ability to foster collaboration, interact with stakeholders and elevate engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
AMBOSSians tell us that innovative work keeps them energized and employee benefits help them to feel appreciated and empowered. We invest in every AMBOSSian with our employee benefits package, crafted to support financial, physical, and mental health and work-life harmony.
Check out all of our employee benefits below:
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Did we just describe your ideal next role? We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements.